Bernhard Egger is an associate professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Seoul National University(SNU). He received a combined B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in Computer Science from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ) in 2001 and a PhD degree in Computer Science from SNU in 2008. After obtaining his PhD degree, he spent three years as a senior research engineer at Samsung's central research faciliy, the Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT) before re-joining SNU in March of 2011.
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-6645-6161
- Architecture, operating system, compiler and programming language interaction for multi/many-core systems
- OS/compiler-issues for heterogeneous many-core architectures
- Virtualization techniques for multicores/manycores
- Coarse-grained reconfigurable architectures and compilers
- Performance estimation for parallel architectures (GPUs, many-core systems)
- 4190.203 System Programming (Spring 2012, Fall 2012, Spring 2013, Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Fall 2016, Fall 2017)
- 4190.209 Computer Science & Engineering Seminar (Fall 2013)
- 4190.307 Operating Systems (Fall 2011)
- 4190.308 Computer Architecture (Fall 2014, Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Spring 2017)
- 4190.409 Compilers (Spring 2013, Fall 2014, Spring 2016, Fall 2017)
- 4190.570 Advanced Compiler Construction (Fall 2012, Spring 2014 @ETH Zürich)
- 4190.775 Topics in Compiler Construction (Spring 2011, Spring 2012, Fall 2013)
- PC member: ODES-11, ICPADS'13, HMC'13, ODES-10, ASP-DAC 2013, FCST-12, INTERACT-16, ASP-DAC 2012, FCST-11, ICPADS'11, LCTES'10.
- Journal/Conference Referee: TC, TCAD, TECS, Journal of Systems Architecture, EMsoft'06.
- Office: 301-403 (campus map) Office hours: Tue 08:00 - 11:30 am
- E-Mail: bernhard at csap dot snu dot ac dot kr
- Phone: +82 (0)2 880 1843
- Fax: +82 (0)2 875 1819
- Mailing address: Seoul National University, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Gwanak-ro 1, Gwanak-gu, Seoul 08826, Korea